Having been led by the Spirit of God, to receive Jesus Christ as our Lord and Saviour, and, on the profession of our faith, having been baptized in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, we do now, in the presence of God, angels, and this assembly, most solemnly and joyfully enter into covenant with one another as one body in Christ.
We, therefore, promise by the aid of the Holy Spirit:
- To love one another as Christ has loved us;
- To sustain the worship, ordinances, discipline, and doctrines of this church;
- To strive for its advancement in knowledge, holiness, and unity;
- To welcome, and test biblically, instruction from the Scriptures;
- To contribute cheerfully and regularly to the support of the ministry and expenses of this church, the relief of the poor, and the spread of the gospel to all nations.
We also promise:
- To maintain family and personal devotions;
- To educate our children in the Christian faith;
- To seek the salvation of our family, friends, and acquaintances;
- To be zealous in our efforts to advance the kingdom of our Saviour;
- To live wisely in the world; to be just in our dealings, faithful in our engagements, and exemplary in our conduct;
- To avoid all gossip, slander, and bitterness;
- To pursue personal holiness.
We further promise:
- To watch over one another in Christian love;
- To remember one another in prayer;
- To help and encourage one another in sickness and distress;
- To be slow to take offense and always ready for reconciliation without delay.
We also promise that if we remove from this place, we will, as soon as possible, unite with a like-minded church where we can carry out the spirit of this covenant and the principles of God’s Word.
May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with us all. Amen.